Heater Repair Services by Murray Air Conditioning
Heating systems work hard to keep your home or business comfortable, but they require proper maintenance and sometimes repairs to keep them operating efficiently. There are a few things to remember about heater repairs:
- Double check that the circuit breaker to the heating system is not tripped. If it is in the off position, turn it back to the on position. Also know that a tripped circuit breaker is a red flag that something may be wrong with the electrical circuit or the heating unit. Call the professionals at Murray Air Conditioning to examine both the heater and circuit breaker.
- Replace the air filter regularly. A dirty and clogged filter impedes air flow and forces the heater to work harder and less efficiently.
- Check the thermostat is set to the heating mode. This is especially important in the transition between seasons, when your HVAC system was probably in the cooling mode.
- If you have a furnace operation switch, turn it to on.
- If you have a gas unit, make sure the gas service is on.
- If you have an old gas furnace, examining it and make sure the pilot light is burning. If it is a more modern unit, check to see if the ignition system is displaying diagnostic codes that indicates issues that need resolving.
- Check that the unit has not frozen up or has built-up condensation or water in the unit.
Remember, if you are either not able or not comfortable examining any of these indicators, call the heater repair services professionals at Murray Air Conditioning La Vernia, for help.